Android 11 out now for select phones: 5 top features you should know
Google’s next-generation Android operating system, Android 11 is here and it is not only first coming to Pixel phones but also select OnePlus, Xiaomi, Oppo and Realme branded phones.
OnePlus and Oppo has confirmed that the update is ready to install in OnePlus 8, 8 Pro, Oppo X2, Reno 3 and Realme X50 Pro in India, North America and Europe through an open beta.
5 top features of Android 11
- Android will now ‘auto-reset’ permissions for your unused apps and notify you accordingly. You can always decide to re-grant the app permissions the next time you use the app.
- There will be now a dedicated space in the notification section for conversations across messaging platforms, making it easy to manage conversations in one spot.
- You can now reply to important conversations without having to switch back and forth between what you are doing and your messaging app.
- There is a new built-in screen recording feature as well, which will enable you to capture and share what’s happening on your phone. Record with sound from your mic, device or both without any additional application.
- Pixel 2 or above users will get additional features to organise and manage their phone such as app suggestions on the home screen based on daily routines, and new overview actions that will allow them to take a screenshot of an app and select text and images.