Now, get PAN card for free without submitting any document – Here’s how
Today, a PAN card is one of the most important identity documents that is used at almost all places and in verification processes. Recently, the central government also made it mandatory for Indian citizens to link their Aadhaar card with a PAN card, which is a 0 digit alphanumeric PAN number. PAN card is used in carrying out huge transactions and other important tasks.
Now, users can get their PAN card at no cost if they have an Aadhaar card. Using the Aadhaar-based eKYC, the PAN cards will be issued instantly.
If you have not done your Aadhaar eKYC, here is how you can apply for a free and instant PAN card:
– Go to the new portal of income tax and click on the Instant PAN option
– Now click on ‘Get new E-PAN’
Through this facility, the user will get an e-PAN on a near real-time basis in a PDF format
– Now enter your Aadhaar number and check the box that says I confirm that and the Income Tax department will seek your affirmation for the following points:
– I have never been allotted a PAN
– My active mobile number is linked with Aadhaar.
– My complete details of the birth are available on Aadhaar
– I am not a minor as on the application date of Permanent Account Number.
Now, you will receive an OTP on your registered number
– After this, a 15-digit acknowledgment number will be generated.
– Now, a copy of your newly generated PAN card will be sent to your email id linked to your Aadhaar card.
This should be noted that the process can take a few days and one can check the PAN status using the acknowledgment number in the new income tax portal.