Online Booking For 200 Special Trains Begins Today: Things To Know
For its 200 special trains (100 pairs) that Indian Railways will run from June 1, the behemoth will be opening online booking service from today i.e. May 21, 2020. Bookings for travel in these trains can be made via IRCTC app and website from 10 am today. Also, the ministry of railways has come up with the guidelines which the passengers travelling in these trains need to adhere it.
Also, in these 200 special trains, some Duronto Express and Jan Shatabdi Express trains with non-AC compartments have also been included.
Currently apart from ‘Shramik Special’ trains, Railways is also operating 15 pairs or 30 trains that connect New Delhi to important cities of the country.
Points to Note when Booking Train ticket for travel in these 200 special trains
1. Online booking is only available for travel in these special trains via IRCTC app or portal. Booking via agent i.e. both Railway agent and IRCTC agent) not allowed. Also, tickets will not be booked across the reservation counter on any of the railway station.
2. ARP or the advance reservation period shall be of a maximum of 30 days.
3. Wait list and RAC shall be generated in accordance with the current rules; nonetheless those carrying waitlisted tickets will not be allowed to board the train.
4. No tickets shall be issued onboard to any of the passengers during the travel. Also no unreserved (UTS) tickets will be issued
5. There shall be no provision for tatkal and premium tatkal bookings in these trains
6. All passengers will be screened compulsorily and only asymptomatic passengers will be allowed to board.
7. First chart shall be readied at least 4 hours before the schedule departure of the train while second chart as against the current practice of preparation just 30 minutes in advance shall be prepared 2 hours before the departure. And in between the two charts, only online booking shall be allowed.
Precautions to observe while travelling in these special trains
Only passengers with confirmed rail tickets will be allowed to enter the railway station
Passengers need to compulsorily put face masks or cover while entering the railways premises as well as during travel.
Passengers need to reach the railway station at least 1.5 hours in advance for enabling thermal screening. Only asymptomatic passengers will be allowed to board the train.
Passengers need to maintain social distancing both at the stations as well as while travelling on trains.
Also at the destination point, the passengers need to comply with health protocols provided by the respective destination state or UT.