Patanjali-BSNL SIM Card: Rs. 144, Rs. 792, Rs. 1,584 Recharge Packs Compared
Yoga guru Ramdev’s Patanjali Ayurved has partnered state-run telecom company BSNL (Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited) to offer SIM cards. Called “Swadeshi Samriddhi SIM card”, Patanjali’s offering marks the FMCG company’s foray into the country’s highly competitive telecom sector. BSNL on Tuesday shared details of a new plan, called “Patanjali BSN-144”. The state-run telecom company has announced three denominations in which the plan – meant for use with Patanjali’s SIM card – will be available. Patanjali BSN-144 will be available in denominations of Rs. 144, Rs. 792 and Rs. 1,584, BSNL said on microblogging site Twitter.
The SIM, Patanjali Ayurved said, will come with medical insurance and life insurance benefits worth Rs. 2.5 lakh and Rs. 5 lakh respectively.
Here are five things to know about the Patanjali-BSNL Rs. 144 plan:
1. The special plan will come with benefits such as free unlimited voice calls without roaming charges, 2 GB of data per day and 100 SMSes per day for the respective validity period, according to BSNL.
2. BSNL is offering a validity period of 30 days, 180 days and 365 days in denominations of Rs. 144, Rs. 792 and Rs. 1,584 respectively. Free voice calling, data and SMS benefits apply for the validity period according to the plan chosen by the subscriber.
3. For example, a user subscribing to the Patanjali Swadeshi Samriddhi SIM card with the plan of Rs. 144 will get 60 GBs of data with a daily limit of 2 GBs, among other benefits, for a period of 30 days. However, a subscriber of the Rs. 792 denomination will get a total of 360 GBs of data over 180 days, with a daily limit of 2 GBs.
4. The Swadeshi Samriddhi SIM card was launched by yoga guru Ramdev last Sunday. The SIM card, available to Patanjali Ayurved staff for now, will be available to the general public soon.
5. BSNL said the special plan is available “for members of Patanjali organisations like Bharat Swabhiman Nyas, Patanjali Yog Samiti, Mahila Prakostha, Yuva Bharat, Patanjali Kisan Seva, Swadeshi Samrudhi Card Holder”.
How to activate Patanjali BSN-144
For activation, eligible persons are required to visit the nearest CSC or retailer along with valid documents such as Patanjali employee ID, according to BSNL. “…Those who are not members of Patanjali Family can subscribe and buy Swadeshi Samriddhi card of Patanjali and produce the same to buy BSN Patanjali 144 Plan. Swadeshi Samriddhi card of Patanjali also gives life insurance cover of Rs. 5 lakh and accident insurance cover of Rs. 2.5 lakh,” the telecom company added.
The country’s telecom sector is witnessing high competition since the entry of Reliance Jio.
Bharti Airtel currently offers a recharge pack at Rs. 249. This pack comes with 2 GBs of data per day along with free voice calls, among other benefits, for a validity period of 28 days. Rival telecom company Reliance Jio offers a recharge pack at Rs. 198, which comes with unlimited voice calls and 2 GBs of high speed data for a validity period of 28 days, among other benefits. Vodafone India offers 2 GBs of 4G/3G speed data for a validity period of 28 days in a recharge pack priced at Rs. 255. Other benefits include unlimited voice calls.
Currently, Patanjali Ayurved offers a wide range of products from segments such as food, ayurvedic medicine, cosmetics, home care and personal care products. Patanjali Ayurved had formally launched its e-commerce operations with website Patanjaliayurved.net earlier this year.
Source by ndtv