Tips to customise your timeline with Twitter Lists
Twitter is among the popular social media platforms. One interesting feature of Twitter is ‘Lists’. A List is a curated group of Twitter accounts. Anyone can create their own Lists or follow Lists created by others. Viewing a List timeline shows a stream of Tweets from only the accounts on that List, making it easier for people to find what they are looking for.
Here are some simple tips on ‘How to’ make the most of Twitter Lists.
Create a List:
- From the navigation bar of the Twitter app, click on ‘Create new List’ icon
- Now, enter the List name and description as per you choice
- Add people or accounts to it and Click on Done button
Share a List:
- Open the List you want to share
- Tap on Share icon from the top right corner of the List’s detail page
- Choose from one of three options — Tweet This, Share via Direct Message and Share with others via.
Adding or Removing people from your Lists: Click the more icon on an account’s profile and select add or remove from Lists. A pop-up will appear displaying your created Lists wherein you can choose to which List you would like to add/remove. When creating or adding people to a list on iOS, you’ll see suggested accounts to add based on the list’s title or who’s already on it.
Edit or Delete Lists:
- Select the List you would like to edit or delete from your List tab in your profile.
- Then, tap on Edit List option to manage the members in your List or delete the List.
- Customise your Lists: Twitter gives you the option to pin your Lists one by one in an order you would prefer. iOS users can pin up to five lists, rearrange them, and swipe to access from home.
See ‘top Tweets’ first in Lists:
- Tap the three horizontal dots at the top right
- Select ‘See Top Tweets’
- Here, you can also choose to switch back to seeing ‘Latest Tweets’ first anytime.
Use images instead of URLs while sharing Lists:
While sharing a List on your timeline, you can choose to do so in a fun and creative manner, using cards with images instead of long and boring URLs…Read more>>